Show Blog Post Title First on Search Engine | SEO Tips

If your Blog title appears first followed by Blog post title in search engine ,then just keep reading the post to solve this problem. Before going to solution, I will explain you how this event can make a bad effect on your Blogs or sites traffic.

For example, your blog title is " Latest Blogger Tips and Tricks" and blog post title "Show Blog Post Title First on Search Engine ". If anybody search for this post , he may see this post in search engine like this:
Latest Blogger Tips and Tricks: Show Blog Post
your blog description here
http://makeblogpopular.blogspot.com/



So visitors will not get any idea about your blog post content after seeing this headline. As a result no of visitors will decrease though search engine may ranked your Blog post on 1st page. I think all of you understand the importance of this post now.

Now come to solution. You can do two things:
  • Blog Post Title+Blog Title
  • Only Blog Post Title
Determine which one you will follow. I prefer second one (Only Blog Post Title). But I will show you the both process.

Step 1: Login to Blogger.com

Step 2: From Dashboard select Layout then click on Edit HTML.

Step 3: Then search for this tag"<data:blog.pageTitle/>" . Normally it is located in <head> section.

<head>

<b:include data='blog' name='all-head-content'/>

<title><data:blog.pageTitle/></title>

Now if you want to show only Blog Post Title then replace the above tag with following code:
<b:if cond='data:blog.pageType == &quot;index&quot;'>
<title><data:blog.title/></title>
<b:else/>
<title><data:blog.pageName/></title>
</b:if>
Or If you want to Show Blog Post Title First + then Blog Title, replace the <title><data:blog.pageTitle/></title> tag with the following code.

<b:if cond='data:blog.pageType == &quot;index&quot;'>
<title><data:blog.pageTitle/></title>
<b:else/>
<title><data:blog.pageName/> ~ <data:blog.title/></title>
</b:if>
I hope this trick will help you to drive more traffic to your Blogs or Websites. It also increases SEO of your Blogger Blog. Post a comment if you have any query. Thanks a lot !!!!

Comments Post a Comment

bank expert says - April 14, 2009

I already replace this carefully and successfully but my title show ?data:blog.title/ always.
Here is my blog:
http://online-bank-experts.blogspot.com/

Russel - April 14, 2009

Hey bank expert,
I have recently visited your blog. I found it alright.If not then Tell your problem details.

Anamika - April 24, 2009

Wow! I have been wondering how people do this. Thanks a lot.

Suman - April 30, 2009

Nice post.its too good.plz visit my site http://aryaan10.blogspot.com

Joanne Ng - April 30, 2009

Hi, i didnt saw any blog title in the html to replace it..issit bcos of my template problems?pls come to my blog n left me msg there..thanks so much for ur help.

http://bluehoney-joanne.blogspot.com

Russel - April 30, 2009

Hey Joanne Ng ,
I have visited your blog.I found your blog title tag in the header section.It is little bit different than what I say in this post. Find the following tag in your HTML code.
<title>Bluehoney's Blog;</title>

kitten - May 06, 2009

Thank you teacher! :D

Ive got mine done too!

Josseine - May 13, 2009

Hello Russel,
Could you pls. help me out with this. I didn't see any changes upon implementing the code. Could you show it to me using Team***viewer.

Thank you in advance.

Josseine - May 15, 2009

Hi there problem was solved. Old posts will not changed the way they are. This technique will only apply for recent posts on your blog. Check my site http://entertainment--connect.blogspot.com

Salman - May 25, 2009

I use the following code in my blog template:

{b:include data='blog' name='all-head-content'/}
{b:if cond='data:blog.pageName == ""'}
{title}{data:blog.title/}{/title}
{b:else/}
{title}{data:blog.pageName/} -- {data:blog.title/}{/title}
{/b:if}

(Please replace all curly brackets with angle brackets)

This code shows correct title for posts and other pages such as blogger search results, archive and label pages.

Fahad Khan - June 15, 2009

Nice post, very usefull in driving a huge amount of traffic visit my blog www.technologyheaven.co.cc

Fahad - June 15, 2009

good post. visit my blog www.technologyheaven.co.cc

Mohamed - June 22, 2009

thanks..
i'll try it now and i'll tell u the results soon..
keep it up

All You Need Zone - June 30, 2009

Hi,
You have a very nice site with great information.
for more check out................
A.S.
www.allyouneedzone.blogspot.com

Jeff@PopSense - July 01, 2009

Hey!

This code worked great, but I have one question:

So I'd like to be able to alter the sizes of titles from one blog post to the next on blogger, and I never thought I could do that, until recently when I just put the html straight into the 'title' section on a blog post and it changed the size. However, on Google and on the top page (where it shows my post title | blog title) the post title comes WITH all the html code in it.

Do you know of any way to command the code to ignore the html in the title section when giving the post a name on top.

I imagine it must be doable since the html doesn't show up in the url, nor when someone uses html in a post does the html code itself appear on google search. Let me know!

Thanks!

vg - July 13, 2009

Excellent.Thanx for the good content .It worked for me.my BLOG is now indexing with this trick

ramesh - July 21, 2009

Great post thanks for sharing with us...many years to come....your friend ramesh

J. Money - July 22, 2009

Yo! Do you know of a hack to do this when self-hosted via ftp and all?

The only thing I have to play with is:

(title)($BlogPageTitle$)(/title)

And I can't seem to find a way to do it yet...thanks, bro :)

Anonymous - July 23, 2009

Hi,
I've done this trick.But it don't work.
It's need time to take effect?
Plz visit MY BLOG

Sameer Arshad - August 12, 2009

great hack...i tried this on my blog
http://lets-kickoff.blogspot.com/

Anonymous - August 16, 2009

after replacing the code i lost some of my traffic.....???? is it just a coincident or this code effected mine traffic
i used "only the blog post tilte" code.....anyone have something to say about that ?

here is my blog
Lets-kickoff Watch Football highlights

Sulpot - September 05, 2009

Thank a lot! I choose your trick to show only post title but the search engines keep on showing only Sulpot, my blog title instead of the post title. I tried replacing Sulpot with WOW as my blog title. The problem is still there. Now the search engines picks up WOW without my post title. You can google my url at this address
http://sulpotstories.blogspot.com. Please help.
Thank you.

Priyanka Chopra - September 14, 2009

In how much days it take right shape? I mean if I changed the HTML code then in how much days the blog title will be removed from google?
mail be pls.
pchopra25@yahoo.com

dves - September 26, 2009

thanks a lot. first, i really don;t know what to do but because of your help, i already changed it.

denparser - September 26, 2009

it's great and honor for us to thank you so much. thank you for posting this. really helps my problem.

Magic Millennium 魅力海景 - September 29, 2009

Hi, I tried your code , and situation remains the same , I find my recent post title still not exposed. Can you help me ? Thanks

Magic Millennium 魅力海景 - September 29, 2009

oh , I solved it out , in the setting - formatting-show title field , choose 'no' , just it . Thank you

Arnold - October 05, 2009

Thanks a lot for the tip. I've been looking it all over the internet, but eventually found it here.


Visit my blog:
http://sa-arnold.blogspot.com/

Vanessa D. Alexander - November 02, 2009

Worked perfectly! Thank you...

Just Sharing - November 16, 2009

What a useful post. Thanks for help.

online product reviews - November 17, 2009

Great Info, I have been trying to do this manually in my html and can't get it to parse, thanks for the cut and paste.

AssassinX189 - December 07, 2009

Tx, found this at the top of my google search.

dudijaya - December 15, 2009

nice info, but how about a meta keyword for every post, any idea? visit my blog :
http://www.dudioke.co.cc/

Russel - December 16, 2009

Hi dudijaya,
I wrote a post on how to add meta tag on various post of Blogger. You can see it here.
Add Meta Tag To Different Posts

pradeepf - December 16, 2009

hi check out my blog at: http://www.thetechnoblog.co.cc
for some unknown reason the post title is not appearing before the blog title even after using the code...please help me out

Russel - December 16, 2009

Hi pradeepf,
If you have already applied above technique then you must wait few hours or days to take effect by Search engine.

pradeepf - December 17, 2009

@ russel but the post tile should appear before the blog title when i open my site myself
but its not coming...any suggestion on this..

Russel - December 18, 2009

@ pradeepf:
Have you applied above code in head tag of your blog. I didn't find it. You can send me your code, i will check it out.

Bookkeeping Services - December 21, 2009

I have also my all the blogger post implement for this code it's really useful to individual for our all post in blogger.

Lets Kickoff - March 05, 2010

thanks alot for the tip mate....i beleive it is better to have the post title only instead of the blog title....
http://www.totalsportsmadness.com

Kanna - May 12, 2010

hi i tried this, but its not working . still it was showing my site title .
pls help me...

kanna..

♥Anurag♥ - August 07, 2010

it's not working for my site www.wallpapersosncreen.com

please help..
contact me : cul88r@gmail.com

john.b - September 01, 2010

Perfect. Thank you :)
www.adouseofinspiration.com

iphone4 - September 03, 2010

This increases web traffic really good and help Back Link gravity for each of your keywords..Awesome share.

Sydney search engine optimization - September 18, 2010

It good to show title tag on your blog post. Very helpful.

Thanks

Justine "Improve Search Engine Ranking" Brezech - October 07, 2010

it is very useful if you will put the title tag on your post. It will surely browse easily by the visitors. I always do that in our business. Check it out!

Omu Rice - October 29, 2010

thanks for your tips...i hope i can gain more traffic after dis...

Bayramlik Çocuk Giyim - October 31, 2010

was a useful topic for me I would thank.
http://yenimoda.blogspot.com/

Online Bangladesh - November 04, 2010

This works for me. Thank you for your solution. I am getting some excellent tips here to customize my blog with my own style. Good Luck
http://onlinebdinfo.blogspot.com/

Anonymous - November 14, 2010

very nice article for new bloggers.
visit my blog: www.afghanistan2011.blogspot.com

veer - November 15, 2010

Thank you very much it's working.

Kalavati - December 02, 2010

Quick ?, I did it, but now at my blog: http://yogapioneer.com/
at top of browswer window it shows to viewer the word: "title" before my actual title. What did I do wrong? anybody? Thanks

Beverly - December 05, 2010

Yay, it worked. Found instructions on another site and I keep getting error code. Thanks so much!

Seo - December 22, 2010

Great Seo tips. Well done form an expert in the field also.

Omar - December 28, 2010

The above information is helpful and i applied but i don't understand what is sammer talking about as he told he lost some traffics after using this trick.

Affordable seo services - February 11, 2011

It's really Excellent post! I really appreciate to you and your article. I am read and upgrade my knowledge. Thanks.

monish - February 22, 2011

no words to say, thanks for this tips, i just looking for this hack, would u like to visit my blog plz.. and suggest me if something need to develop my blog

http://edunbd.blogspot.com/

saif - March 14, 2011

your information is very helpful tips for me, thanks for sharing

Roma Rahul Gupta - May 21, 2011

EXCELLENT POST.THANKS A LOT!!!!!
I HAVE APPLED THIS TIP IN MY BLOG.
VISIT MY BLOG:http://channel-oneknowledgeformanendragarh.blogspot.com/

Neezhom - June 24, 2011

Thank you very much!! awesome tip buddy, keep it up. have nice days :)

Moda - July 02, 2011

Thank you for your commentary. Worked for me too.

Cost Effective SEO - October 06, 2011

wow! great effort and learned a lot from this ... thanks for sharing them with us and keep sharing...

ASP.NET Development Services - May 28, 2012

Thanks for your suggestion to change the code. Now I can show first title to my visitors and then blog title then see my blog gets more traffic or not.

Lia @ link building services - June 07, 2012

This is a nice idea. It is very well explanations on how this blog title appears first followed by blog post title in search engine that can make a bad effect on our blogs or sites traffic. Thanks for sharing this and it will help us to drive more traffic on our blogs or websites.

Web Designer Sydney - August 27, 2012

Meta Titles most important pillar of on page SEO,

Brain Lara - September 11, 2012

Search engine optimization (SEO) is the method of improving the visibility of a website or a net page in an exceedingly search engine's "natural," or un-paid ("organic" or "algorithmic"), search results. In general, the earlier (or higher ranked on the search results page), and additional frequently a website seems in the search results list, the a lot of guests it can receive from the search engine's users. SEO may target different kinds of search, including image search, local search, video search, tutorial search,
Oyax Bookmarking

Nawayugaya - September 27, 2012

very nice article for new bloggers.
visit my blog: http://nawayugaya.blogspot.com/

Georgia Stapleton - November 02, 2012

I’m inspired with the surpassing and preachy listing that you furnish in such little timing.
link building

Lava Infotech - December 11, 2012

Search Engine Optimization Hyderabad,India.
This is really interesting, You’re a very skilled blogger. I have joined your feed and stay up for in the hunt for extra of your fantastic post. Also, I have shared your website in my social networks.

Lava Infotech - December 13, 2012

Search Engine Optimization.
This is really interesting, You’re a very skilled blogger. I have joined your feed and stay up for in the hunt for extra of your fantastic post. Also, I have shared your website in my social networks.

Angela Colbert - February 13, 2013

one topic!! i like your sprite of working. i m happy to know about such a very different thing. thanks for the great guide.
web marketing saudi

Leave a Comment